After a decade of designing leadership courses for the University of Idaho, leading expeditions for the National Outdoor Leadership School, and co-developing the McCall Outdoor Science School Gary decided to start sharing his experience with others. Redfish | Bluefish is the culmination of years of practical experience supported by sound academic understanding, transforming theory into practice.
B.A., Wilderness Leadership and Experiential Education
University of Idaho
M.S., Conservation Social Science
Since 1999, I have been working as an educator, expedition leader, and university instructor. My career highlights include co-developing the University of Idaho’s McCall Outdoor Science School, co-leading a semester expedition to Patagonia, and instructing a leadership expedition for the United States Naval Academy for the National Outdoor Leadership School. Recently, I co-created the West Central Mountain Leadership Academy for the McCall Area Chamber of Commerce.
I believe that opportunities to lead are abundant and that anyone can participate in affecting change.
Service & Affiliations
- McCall Area Chamber of Commerce, Vice-President
- McCall-Donnelly Education Foundation, Board of Directors
- McCall Rotary Club, Board of Directors
- The Alzar School, Risk Management Committee
- The Valley County Extension Service, Advisory Committee
- University of Idaho - McCall Outdoor Science School, Leadership and Marketing Coordinator
When I am not working with clients I and fortunate enough to spend my time as the Leadership and Marketing Coordinator for The University of Idaho's McCall Outdoor Science School or as a guide with Canyons, INC and Payette Powder Guides.